View Single Post
Old 19-03-2008, 02:36 AM   #152
Bethrezen

Default M.A.X v1.56 issues

hi all

I have posted about these issues before but it doesn't seem as though anything has been done about them so I though I'd ask again.

does anyone ever plans on releasing a v1.57 patch for M.A.X ??

while the 1.56 version of M.A.X that can be downloaded from abandonia does seem to be more stable than the official 1.04 patch for M.A.X its buggy unstable behaviour has not been completely eliminated yet and I'm still experiencing random crashes / lockups or general malfunctions

for example

The demo that would normally only pop up if you left the game inactive at the main screen for a period of time pops up continually

My settings keep getting reset to the default specifically

it will continually reset alien derelicts from common to none

it will change the game type from turn based to simultaneous

its resets the scroll speed

the animation you get the first time you start a new game of the builder roiling through the desert with the motorbikes keeps getting set to on even though I've set it to off

The zoom level keeps getting reset so that it is zoomed all the way in even though I normally have this set at about 75%

when trying to transfer materials from my constructors to my mines/storage silos it wont let me in the 1.04 version of M.A.X when ever you transfer material from your constructors back to the complex the materials will be automatically distributed between each of the storage bays that have space but in 1.56 this doesn't happen and you have to manually search through each of your storage bays till you can find some space and then off load in to that one directly this is quite obviously a bug

On occasion when starting a new game I get to the point where it asks you to select a starting location but instead of the game loading and going to the map after you select one it crashes back to the desktop and M.A.X turns its self off

The switch on the preferences menu that lets you decide if you want units to stop or not when enemy units are encountered is missing this is quite obviously a bug

so anyone know of a newer patched version of the Maxrun.exe that has these issues ironed out ??
Bethrezen is offline                         Send a private message to Bethrezen