Thread: Movie Talk
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2005, 03:28 AM   #12
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Apr 12 2005, 07:46 PM
The League of Extreme Gentlemen
it's actually "extraordinary" not "extreme", The movie was based on a graphic novel by the same name, written by Alan Moore, a legend in the field. The graphic novel is exactly one billion times better than the piece of crap that was the movie. another movie based on a an Alan Moore story is "From Hell" Starring Johnny Depp and "The Watchmen" which will be released in 2006. If anyone wants to know comics, i'm your man.

5 movies i love
Usual Suspects
Citizen Kane
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
A Clockwork Orange

5 movies i like
Se7en
Saving Private Ryan
Enemy at the Gates
Fight Club
Band of Brothers (10 part mini series)

5 movies that are a waste of time
Constantine
Going Overboard
American Pie Trilogy
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
2001: A Space Odessey

the last two in that list i'm sure people love them.... but to me they are really poorly dated boring long movies

As for Donnie Darko, i think its a great movie but didn't put it up for this reason... when it was first released at the cinema it had little advertising and not many people saw it, but it gained a great cult status, now that it has been re-released and has directors cut and special edition DVD, every moron under the sun watches the movie and thinks they are "deep" and "complex". I liked the movie and told my friends about it years ago, now they bothered to watch it and feel they have to tell me they "discovered" it. Honestly, its just a movie, not a way of life... people are tards
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet