Thread: Do You Want EU?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #37
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@Jun 6 2005, 10:43 PM
...I make it sense: (Please read THIS! PLEASE! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!)...
Of course I know where Hungary is (just half an hour drive from where I'm sitting right now).

Look Slovenia joine the EU on the same day (1st of May last year). And we have many similar problems. It's got nothing to do with the EU. It's the legacy we all got from the old communist system. One of our humorists said it best:

We got rid of the old communist values instead of the converted old communists.

The main problem is this - in communism they wanted everything to apeare perfect for the workig class, so things like medical care were supported (Even if most of it didn't work like it should have). Now the system is basically the same and none of the thing work, but because they are there you need to pay for them!
Before they wanted people to be employed even if they had to build a useless factory that produced nothing but loss. Now they just can't do that any more, because they can't maintain the high costs of that.
Communism had many flaws, but the system all the ex-communist countries got now isn't much better. Many people expected the EU to be the solution to this - I guess many actually felt that they'd live off the charity - but that's not so.
EU didn't worsen the situation in Hungary - but because thre are many countries in such a bad situation the economical growth is put to a hold. It's a world wide phenomena. And becuase the once 'rich' EU countries are barely handeling their own problems at the moment the once 'poor' countries that just recently joined the EU are very disapointed with the union.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos