Thread: Dune
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #386
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I do not know if anyone posted about it, but among the walkthroughs about the Dune game, there is an “alternative end”. I do not remember in precise detail, because it is been years since I’ve played for the last time.

As soon as you order the Fremen to attack the last fortress of the Harkonnen, you summon the Sandworm to the besieged fortress. Wait until your Fremen elite forces (trained by the “baldie” - I forgot his name Guy something) conquer the fortress. Expect the Fremen to turn into a Fremen sietch.

After completing the transformation of the fortress, visit it. There, you will find the Emperor, Baron Harkonnen and his nephew (Sting! ). The surprise is that they will not be imprisoned and without all that dialogue that will end the game.

Another fact is that there are a few more not mentioned in the game. Before finishing the game, you can travel in the “holes” (gray empty spaces not known) of your domains using the “helicopter” (I hate the complicated terms Orni something) or Sandworm. It would be advisable to take someone with you, as they will automatically notice some unknown Fremen Sietch.
I found it interesting that both Gurney “Picard” and Duncan “Dunkin Donuts” “Anchor Hair” were born on the planet of the Harkonnen.

Who would have thought that the Harkonnen, by the brutality of their methods, lost two powerful soldiers to the Atreides. Not to mention that the two could fight on equal terms with Sardaukar and Fremen.

Even Duncan “Dunkin Donuts” “Anchor Hair” managed to eliminate 19 Sardaukar before being killed in combat!

Summoning Sandworm as a means of transportation is pretty cool.

I thought it funny when Paul Atreides stood in the mirror admiring how he moved his eyes, nose and lips...

Did Paul Atreides like to make faces before the mirror?

I wonder if he also made faces before the Fremen, Sardaukar and Harkonnen...

Did Chani fall in love with Paul Atreides’ faces when they met for the first time?

Last edited by Mystvan; 04-07-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan