View Single Post
Old 19-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #84
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
However what I would still really love first of all, is if I could play a remake of Daggerfall that, besides updating graphics even if only in resolution, specially fixed the issues of the original game in dungeon navigation. I know there is little or no chance since the Elder Scrolls world and lore accumulated from games so far can provide Bethesda with unlimited material to make new games. Even from fans the closest thing seems to be this dead project, which wouldn't seem to fix the dungeon problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
So a good remake would mean not only remake the graphics, but also every quest dungeon map and the random dungeon generator. This isn't doable as a fan project.
As much as I love Daggerfall I believe that to truly fix all its issues would mean to create a new game from scratch, putting to practice all the lessons learned from Daggerfall's shortcomings.

The dungeons aren't the only problem, although they probably have the most game breaking potential. Generic towns are equally randomly generated and as can easily ruin the immersion once the player notices the repetitive patterns, random quests all too often get tangled in themselves etc. etc.

However, I do believe that it is quite possible to rectify these and other problems within the framework of a fan/community project.