View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
Tatuira

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Sounds quite a bit like Desktop Dungeons, but it came out much later than early 2000s.

There might be other roguelikes that follow a similar pattern but most of them have wandering monsters, not just standing ones.

Also, JIC, check Winged Warrior.
Its not Desktop Dungeons, its older for sure, but lets use it to compare some aspects.

See this image: http://www.mobygames.com/images/shot...-initiated.jpg

* Diferente from desktop dungeons, you didnt have to explore (black areas), all areas were lit from start.

* The size of the screen was way smaller, in the image you have something like 20x20 squares on the screen, the game im looking for is probably more like 10x10 or 12x12 to fit the screen.

* I think the screen was static, it didnt move side to side or up and down, when you are in a room and pick a stairway it change the whole screen to another room.

* The ambient was more like a castle than a proper dungeon (cave). I think it has cell blocks and you had to get keys to open it.

* The grafic was more pixalated than dungeon desktop.

* As i said, the game was windowed, and maybe just and .exe file type of game.

Fuck, i think im the only one who played this game, or at least the only one who liked it, i just cant find it!!! Help me guys!
Tatuira is offline                         Send a private message to Tatuira