View Single Post
Old 28-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
songbird

Yes.

The Amiga community struggled for a long time to translate the game to English. I never really have done the Amiga community, but I never really understood why no-one ever really dug into the Windows version of the game.

Open your CD (or image of) and open the file "WV2WIN". Next, open the folder "text". Inside are a set of files with the extensions .ENG and .GER.

RIP your CD or create folders so you can work with these files on your desktop. Create a folder on your desktop (name it whatever you like) and drag all of the .ENG files to this folder. Rename the .ENG file extensions and make them all .GER. Copy the renamed .GER files to the game folder "text". You are prompted "do you want to replace these folders?" and you say "yes"

This may not change everything in the game to english; I've not played very far into the game due to pop-up prompts every minute-or-two which get to be very annoying. Though what I have played of the game, everything is translated.

It appears NEO had it in mind that they were going to make an english release of the game but never did. The English translation has always been in the game, though few have ever looked.

I've known about this for about 3 years, but never did anything about it. Frankly, help me with the annoying pop-ups; I'd like to play the game!

Last edited by songbird; 28-09-2011 at 10:14 PM.
songbird is offline                         Send a private message to songbird