View Single Post
Old 19-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
RettMikhal

Default Trying to remember this old DOS RPG

I had a shareware copy of this really elaborate and difficult RPG way back before I lost all my DOS games. I'm almost positive it was called Vampire Rose, but I am 100% positive it had a blue rose as the title screen and in the first town you could buy a rose for five gold. If you died, you went to heaven, and when you talked to the lawyers they'd kill you if you didn't have the rose. If you did have the rose the text of them thinking would just keep scrolling.

Obviously at 8 years old I just could not understand how to beat this game, I couldn't even get to the first dungeon it was so damn difficult. Everything seemed a hell of a lot stronger than you... except the court jester whom you could steal from and kill and get away with it if you just left town quickly.

The whole thing was static sprites in an overhead view of the castle/town/world map. At the beginning you picked what skills you had. I remember there was climbing walls, pickpocketing (the most useful in the short span of one town I ever could complete), picking locks, strength and firing a bow and all that.

I REALLY wanna know if this game is even remotely possible to beat. I tried over and over and always failed. When you went into a battle, it was always you alone, and if the enemy was stronger they had 10-25 guys against you
RettMikhal is offline                         Send a private message to RettMikhal