View Single Post
Old 16-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #180
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Carcaroth @ May 16 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]290489[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Man, I hate this ESA people. How does it work? They write to the site telling you to not distribute the game? Cause I doubt they will make money with it again. Its almost 15 years old. The PS2 generation wont waste their time with a game with graphics like this. They should rethink their policy...
[/b]
ESA gets paid to shut down software piracy. The definition of that includes Abandonware sites.
And no, they don't just write telling you to not distribute the game... they write telling you to stop distributing the game in 48 hours or be permamently shutdown and subject to a lawsuit.

This game is 16 years old, actually, thus getting out of the protection period that is a result of our agreement with ESA and as such it might be placed back for download any day now.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman