View Single Post
Old 26-12-2004, 02:05 AM   #12
einherjar

I grew up with v1.0 of this game, but I could never find the CD-ROM game with B-Wings. The copy I had was 5 "floppy" disks (called hard disks back then), and it wasn't terribly difficult most of the time. I always had problems with two of the Episode II missions, but aside from that I was fine.

Some tips for making the game easier:

Shunt your laser energy into shields (";" key) until you have drained the level 2 lasers, and keep the laser recharge rate at maximum until your shields are at 200%. Then if enemy starfighters are near, shift laser energy to increased rate.

When making torpedo runs, decrease the throttle to 2/3 ("]" key) once the target receptacle starts locking on to the target. Capital starships have a turbolaser range of 2.0 km, so this will give you more time to fire your warheads. If you start getting too close to 2.0 km, drop your speed to 1/3 ("[" key).

If you are trying to dodge a missile, move the joystick to 4:00 until it overshoots you. Target the missile and destroy it with lasers. If you are going head-on against a fighter that is locking on to you with a missile, try to destroy it before it reaches you.

The X-Wing Historic Mission in the minefield is almost impossible without a joystick.