View Single Post
Old 18-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #77
Nick02

Send a message via Yahoo to Nick02

Hello AB. And hello Tracker, what a pleasure to see that you are still making snide comments. Good to know some things (or people) never change.

I actually like the idea of collecting links to Steam, and other services with freeware. But at this point, there isn't much "inspiration" to actually do it. Unlike the staff at Abandonia, we do not have server access. So making any big changes to the site always requires help from people who don't really want to bother. On top of that, the forum has been going down lately with server issues.

I've done my best to improve the site. If it wasn't for me, the site would still be called Abandonia Reloaded (as if we still needed Abandonia attached to the name), and the forum would have never been fixed up or improved. I also tried to help the site branch out, by adding freeware software reviews.

Meanwhile, if it wasn't for Frodo, the site would have been dead before I got there. She's the only staff member who gave a damn, and tried to keep the site running all this time. She single-handedly updated the site, added reviews, and kept it running. She's also tried to hold contests, and other events, to draw traffic to Reloaded. But it falls on deaf ears.

Oh, and let's not forget when management changed all the news links on our homepage to advertisement links! That was an epic moment, showing how much they care about Reloaded.

I also tried to do something nice for both sites, by making a video advertising Reloaded & Abandonia. I got trashed by negative comments here.. so now I don't even bother.

As for the roleplaying, you can knock us all you want Tracker. But at least it adds some life to the forum. I also recall you being apart of it, until you attempted to destroy it. So don't knock something, when you were a willingly participant just a couple of years ago.

-Nick