View Single Post
Old 17-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #75
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
AB and ABR are not in the same kind of business. That's what really made the final argument I guess.

I did try to go to ABR and blend in just like I did with AB... But I had to face up the fact that freeware simply, 98% of the time, consists of bad quality and poorly done games.

Yeah, sure... Those games are free. But that's not the kind of games I wanted to play and have people be reminded of "the good old days". There are some rare gems on ABR but overall at least 9 out of 10 games are not even worth looking at. Clones of originals, games which are plain bad, etc.

Some people like it, others don't. I never questioned the reason why AB and ABR splitted: it has always been very obvious to me.
Actually there are quite a few great freeware titles, it's rather the poor selection of games on Reloaded that makes them an inferior collection. C'mon, Beneath the Steel Sky? A lot of things happened since that, games like Black Mesa were released among dozens of titles.
They still could be a great site dedicated to collecting links to all the worthwhile freewares on Steam, GoG, and other sites.
So far they only excelled in writing fanfiction roleplay stories.

(I also took the liberty to correct the grammar in your post, if you don't mind. Yeah, I'm a sworn grammarionalspellcheckialist. Sorry.)

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker