Thread: Red Baron
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #42
powdernsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellaeon View Post
Salute!

I remember this game. I was flying a lot with this game, and I still remember that this game led me to the world of Red Baron 3D Multiplayer. I would say that both of these games are good, none is better than the other one. However, there is an expansion of this 256-coloured Red Baron game, which had more crafts (If I remember well, the Nieuport 11, Halberstadt D.II, Fokker D.VIII and the others), and had a mission builder, that's why it was called Red Baron Mission Builder Expansion.

Someone wrote: "I remember a Red Baron which was capable to a multiplayer game where fifty planes flew simultaneously." - That is the Red Baron 3D, and if there's an event like War Forces or Red Baron World League, there are as many planes fighting, even today. Unfortunately, there are not too much people on the servers today.

However, I must say that this game is one of the best DOS flight sims. There are others that I like, for example the F-29 Retaliator (which I like to upload), but this is my personal favourite. So I don't have to tell people that I rate this: five.

You are like a 'King of Flight Sims'. :laugh:

I am just about ready to play and will comment on it later. Admittedly, I'm terrible at these kinds of games and I'd like to play something fun and simple, so I'll start here. ._.;

Last edited by powdernsky; 09-08-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Corrected Recommendation > >
powdernsky is offline                         Send a private message to powdernsky