View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #5
mouse31e
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by heatho@Feb 6 2005, 06:17 AM
I heard that Bethesda (the creators) requested that all abandonware sites remove the game from their downloads, this doesn't make sense as it is not available for purchase and there are no plans to re-release it.
If that is true and Bethesda did request that abw sites removed Daggerfall then it makes no difference whether it fits the requirements for abw or not.

Bethesda still own the copyright for the game and have every right to request that it is not distributed. They do not need any reason to do so as it is their game and they can do what they like. Abw is illegal so the fact that Bethesda are asking people nicely instead of shutting them down or taking legal action is actually a good thing.

Also, you have no idea (unless you work for Bethesda, but I'm guessing you don't else why would you be asking? :blink: ) what Bethesda's plans are for the game. They may be holding it back for a compilation of Elder Scrolls games or the budget game companies could be bidding on it at this very minute. Just because they haven't publicly stated what their plans for the game are, doesn't mean they don't have any!

However, I believe you are correct that, were it not for Bethesda, it would fit the requirements for abw. I cannot find it for sale anywhere and I'm not sure Bethesda really supports it anymore.
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e