View Single Post
Old 29-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

All right friend,

I'll try to write a quick guide for you here. I'll try to walk you the steps of running Tetris Classic.
Download the game on to your computer.
When done, extract it to your dos games folder, mine is called 'dos' and is located on my D drive.
Now, the path to .exe file of Tetris Classic would be the following:

D:\dos\TetrisC\tetrisc.exe

Whenever I would like to play some Tetris, I start DOSBox, and type the following:

Code:
mount C D:\dos
C:
cd TetrisC
tetrisc
The above commands mount D:\dos as the C drive of DOSBox, then I of course switch to the C drive by typing C:, I enter the folder of Tetris Classic with cd TetrisC, then run the executable by only typing the filename.

Note: When the game prompts you to select your graphics card, press 1 for VGA, then either 3 for SoundBlaster music or 12 for no sound.

In order to save time you can create shortcuts including a command that can enable you to start your games solely by double-clicking on their icon on your desktop.

Here's how:

Right-click on your deskop, select New-> Shortcut. When prompted, either browse or enter the path of your DOSBox. By default, it is in C:\Program Files on Windows XP, and C:\Program Files (x86) on Vista, 7, and 8.
After you have selected the executable file DOSBox.exe, you need to copy or write the absolute path leading to the game you want to run. For example, the path of my Tetris Classic is D:\dos\TetrisC\tetrisc.exe. You might also want to enter the commandline switch -noconsole behind everything in order to get rid of the console window appearing in the background.
Here is what my Tetris Classic shortcut includes:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe" D:\dos\TetrisC\tetrisc.exe -c -noconsole

You might use this and substitute the path with the path of the game you want to play. Note that this is going to mount the game's folder as your C drive. If you have got any questions, feel free to ask here, have fun playing whatever you want!

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!

Last edited by Tracker; 29-12-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker