View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #69
citizen_lion
Default First post!

I finally found this forum and must post something to it despite having project deadline tomorrow

BI2 was my childhood game, and no one else's in my neighborhood when I was a kid . I can't believe I finally found other people who like it. I cannot find enough words to praise this game, and finding the Titan's Legacy expansion only confirmed my acclaim for it instead of revealing that my view of the original BI2 was colored by nostalgia. The game was as good as I remember it. In fact, now that I am an adult I like it even more. I believe that this is the most sophisticated strategy game ever made, when played on Expert or Hard (some stages, like the one right after Britigi, is more difficult on Hard).

I am now on the mission right after "the attack".

A few comment regarding my experience so far. I found Woringa to be the most difficult mission by far, and when I finally won I had this huge sense of relief. Britigi is difficult but only because I misunderstood the mission objective. I set out to fight both the red and green, and very nearly annihilated both sides (took about 10 tries though).

The attack was also an interesting mission for me. After staging a perfect defensive strategy that withstood 17 turns of attack without losing a single unit (other than a demon or two, I think), I got over confident and provoked by the vitriol on TV (STAG ) that I staged a counter attack, which destroyed a two pulsars and one archimedes, but at the cost of 3 nashorns, 1 technotrax, the scout bike, and the snake troop transport, and severe damage to other units as well... A critical failure. I made the hard decision to strand a few units while staging a general retreat to conserve whatever I can. Then after that began a desperate rolling defense using the few remaining nashorns while the other units get repaired slowly... I lasted until the UX2 came out, with my force nearly decimated... and then I began the slow, methodical rebuild and counter-offensive, finally leading to another push that won the battle.

It was so beautiful (tears in my eyes), like poetry