View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #10
gufetto
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
- I'm not your teacher.
- I told you why I mentioned DX regarding your ddraw.dll problem.
- 'High school teacher' doesn't make you smarter than someone else.
- etcetera .. you had answers, and as I said: no pun intended.

Hey, I didn't intend to mention that I'm a teacher to imply that would mean I am smarter (I wish that were true, but I know all too well some teachers are stupid).
I was just saying that because of my job I kinda know how to explain things, and one of the requirements is patience and never acting as if the other person is less intelligent only because they know less about you on a subject.

You're not my teacher; but you're explaining me something (and I am very thankful for that!), and so I was saying perhaps you should explain it with less of an attitude. But never mind. You're still helping me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Still remains the question: can this game run in W3 or does it need W9X? I have no idea.
Well, if it helps, I used to play it on a W9X system back in the days, but now I've installed it on that emulated Win3.X and at least the installation went correctly. It only asks me for that DDRAW.DLL file when I try to launch the game.

I can't find any readme file. But I've downloaded the game off the internet because it's been a lot of years and I don't remember at all where my game copy is. It does look like it's the full, working game, tho.

Now, please bear with me, as I'm probably thick-minded on these things, but... you mention that mounting c: on dosbox after installing the old DirectX, in a way that looks like you're implying that I should install that DirectX not on actual windows, but only on the dosbox folder? Is that so? If so, how do I do it?