View Single Post
Old 31-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
Wicky
the little viking

I've written another review, as I thought the first one was very bad
Pls tell me what you think about it!

Quote:
Finally we've gotten our hands on Battle Isle 2 - Titan's legacy! This baby is the expansion disc
to the turn-based strategy game Battle 2. An entire new campaign with 16 missions, 7 new vehicles and a whooping 10 multiplayer maps await you, the great strategist. Are you ready for battle?

After the destruction of Titan-Net in the first game, Val Haris tried to establish a democratic government on Chromos. But the minister Argok Kraal stages a coup d'etat against him, and as the game begins, Val Haris finds himself accused of high treason. You are locked away into a high-security prision. Now you have to escape the prison island you've been banished to, and restore peace and freedom on Chromos again by defeating Kraal as well as his aides, the partisan leaders Mol Durag and General Dengh.

This game is almost identical to Battle Isle 2, where the basic concept is to move your army in turn-based missions against humans or the AI. There are land-, air- and sea-based vehicles which benefit greatly from the presence of support units. These provide for example radar support, frequency jamming, repair and ammunition, up to the road-building abilty of pioneers. There are also factories, which allow you to construct new units, and cities which provide energy to power your factories. The landscape is even more detailed than in the first game, where forests provide vital coverage to your infantry and don't allow vehicles to pass, or mountains which form natural choke points.

If you've played the first game, you will have noticed that each mission will become more difficult. The expansion starts exactly where the first game ended, and it is adviced to finish the original campaign before tackling this expansion. In fact, I have been hanging on the fourth mission for a few days and still get defeated utterly. The AI really knows which are your most valuable units, and will for example launch kamikaze attacks against your only repair vehicle now.
In short, even the most hardcore gamers will find this expansion beyond their skills.

Important notice: The ability of artillery units to attack map decoration elements like in the original was removed. This makes it even more difficult as you can't blow a path through natural blockades anymore.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky