View Single Post
Old 28-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
Wicky
the little viking

I'm glad to announce that the work's done!

Game, review, screenshots and rating uploaded to FTP under "Wicky"

Quote:

Battle Isle 2 - Titan's Legacy bestows an entire campaign to the critically acclaimed strategy title Battle Isle 2. This expansion set features 16 new missions along with 6 new vehicles and aims to please the hardcore strategists. Additionally there are 10 new multiplayer maps.

After the destruction of Titan-Net, the great strategist Val Haris tried to establish a democratic government on Chromos. But the minister Argok Kraal stages a coup d'etat against him, and as the game begins, Val Haris finds himself accused of high treason, then locked away into a high-security prision. Now you have to escape the prison island you've been banished to, and restore peace and freedom on Chromos again by defeating Kraal as well as his aides, the partisan leaders Mol Durag and General Dengh.

The first thing I've noticed about Titan's Legacy is, that the difficulty level of this expansion starts exactly where the original campaign ended. In short, this mission disc is not for beginners. As reward for the trouble you get to unlock the new units, which do blend very well into the existing ones, from the cheap short-range artillery to the all-powerful intercontinental missile launcher. The programmers did a very good job on introducing new units, that fill the gaps between existing ones, instead of creating better vehicles which make normal ones obsolete.

In terms of sound and graphics not much has changed, meaning that the already low system requirements do not increase any further. However, the AI as usual takes lots of time on huge maps for making it's turn and I recommend to set the CYCLES=MAX in Dosbox.

Conclusion: I can heartily recommend this game to anyone who has played the original.
However, my mother tongue is german so please check the review for grammar. I've seen through it 5 times, but there may still be some mistakes left. Can hardly await to see the game up on site, it's my first time!

Last edited by Wicky; 28-07-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky