View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #9
Slobs

Hey Jast, I'm in a similar boat to you - however, i'm a little further along (just barely, though).

The artifact you get from the Agents' house has three uses - you can use it to get the super-bad-end by picking up the great old ones' broadcast over dice's radio and pressing the colors in order as you receive them to (in true HP Lovecraft fashion) unleash swirling nuclear chaos and wipe out all of humanity. That's a pretty bad idea, generally speaking.

Otherwise, you can wait with the device in tow for a little while around Scotty - he will eventually give you a Harmonic Emi Sender (I think - there's a similar device which does nothing; both have a 'press button' option). Take this, and go to the ring of stones that's south-east of Scotty's house, press the button, and the screen'll flash and you get abducted by Aliens who take back the device before dropping you off near the Black Farm ruins. (note this isn't the end of the game).

Alternatively you can take the device back to the institute. I dunno if this is the right thing to do or if the alien method is, but this one causes the game to end in any case.

Anyways, no matter which option you choose there's still another objective I can't find the solution to - a monster of some sort in the caves (under the stone disk) escapes automatically shortly after you come into contact with the device. According to Uri's diary, you're supposed to read the Psiro Scroll at the top of the old tower, but this doesn't seem to work. You can move the disk back to trap the monster but this has limited success and doesn't mark the objective finished; I think I'm missing something.

Hey, maybe it's got something to do with making the massive storm appear at the lighthouse with Scotty's device?