Thread: Master of Magic
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 12:32 AM   #866
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

I am glad you are creating a successor of Master of Magic.

Well, my brother had bought and played the Lords of Magic years ago. I played a little too, but I was not very impressed at the time.

The game King’s Bounty (The Legend and Crossworlds), despite being RPG with elements of Adventure and Strategy, reminded me a bit of MoM because you could hire Black Dragons, Red Dragons, Green Dragons, Lich Dragons, Demons, etc. These Fantastic Creatures really blasted your opponents!

One thing I wish the MoM had was more Fantastic Creatures like Sea Dragon (water), White Dragon (ice), Black Dragon, Lich Dragon, Hydras deserved to be bigger and more powerful, etc.

I used Game Editors where I could edit races, Books, money, Spells, attributes (or magician Titles), terrain, etc. And the Game Wizard was great for fixing the high amount of mana and money. I took a few Tomes (or Books) to get better attributes, since I only had to edit the Spells later. I even managed to have the antagonistic Tomes like Death and Life. And I could summon Champions of Life and Champions of Death side by side!

One thing that has piqued my curiosity is that “neutral” cities can attack you or your opponents. Fantastic creatures too. I do not remember if I could unselect random events early in the game. But when you conquer all “neutral” cities, the “neutral Merlin” mage is “banned”. And to increase my reputation, I edited so that the “neutral” and enemy cities had the maximum size and then conquer them. I am a very evil wizard.

Are you a sadist? Do you know how to humiliate your opponent without him reacting? If you are much more powerful than your enemy, occupy all your troops around the enemy city so that all adjacent areas of the city are occupied by your troops. The enemy city can use only 1 area or quadrant of the city.

Another interesting thing was that the enemy ships (or galleons?) when they were withdraw from the battle on land... Is the boat using the oars as legs?

I realized that I had a certain tendency to torment my opponents. I used the Game Editor to edit the terrain of enemy capital making it into an active volcano...

EDIT:

It would be very nice and interesting if there were more Magic Nodes. I would suggest thus:

• The Earth Nodes - where the Earth Dragons have a Poison Breath attack, Earth Elementals, Earth Giants, etc.;

• The Water Nodes - where the Sea Dragons have a Water Breath attack, Phantom Beasts - aka Water Elementals?, Water Giants, etc.;

• The Fire Nodes - where the Fire Dragons have a Fire Breath attack, Arch Demons, Demons, Fire Elementals, Fire Giants, etc.;

• The Ice Nodes in the eternally icy mountains - where the Ice Dragons have a Ice/Snow Breath attack, Ice/Snow Elementals, Ice/Snow Giants, etc.;

• The Death Node (instead of Catacombs and Ruins) - where the Black Dragons have a Acid Breath attack, Lich Dragons absorbing the energy of the opponent’s life - sort of Black Hole, etc.;

• The floating Life Nodes - where there are Arch Angels, Angels, Seraphim, Cherubim, etc.;

• The floating Thunder Nodes - where the Thunder Dragons have a Lightning Breath attack, Lightning Elementals, Lightning Giants, etc.;

• The floating Air Nodes - where the Storm Dragons have a Air Breath attack, Air Elementals, Air Giants, etc.;

• Oh, and in the Catacombs, Ruins, Temples, etc. there could be the “normal” / neutral Fantastic Creatures.

And it would be spectacular to have a sea battle with the Sea Dragon.

Last edited by Mystvan; 15-07-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan