Thread: Museum Madness
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #19
Arasan Nayamu

I have been looking for this game for years and no one has ever heard of it. The cruel thing is that I have the six or so 3.5 floppies that it originally came on in a box in the attic but the last floppy got utterly corrupted so I couldn't install it for 10 years at least. You guys have really made my day. I loved this game when I was little because it was so different than your average p&c adventure. It is literally full of fun historical and scientific information and it made it fun to learn about. Every room has plaques that you can read on your leisure to learn more about the particular exhibit and the puzzles themselves are pretty well thought out. I gotta say my favorite section is and always will be the Salem Witch Trials, because seeing the flabbergasted looks on those gaggling girl's faces is a riot when you make rainbows appear.

Restarting DOSBOX after finishing an exhibit isn't that big of a deal for me but it is odd and I would like to know why it gives me memory allocation errors. I'm a little worried about finishing the game, it might not let me transfer from the last exhibit to the final confrontation with the virus without going up in smoke but we'll see.

I'm finding so much stuff on your site that I used to own but doesn't work anymore and things that I've never heard of but definitely should have. But, I do recommend you get rid of the games pages that are protected or aren't fully complete. I'm not even sure why you have those on there. No one is going to pay $20 for something that should be abandonware and I personally can't stand playing an incomplete version of a game that is supposed to be a talkie or FMV version.