View Single Post
Old 22-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hey all! Man it's good to be back. I MISSED YOU ALL! I had internet trouble, but I've sorta got it fixed. Long story short, I reformatted and got myself XP. (98 is on another partition so all's good for games.)

Anyways, my internet works, but only kind of. It's a Motorola cable internet external modem, and hooked up via USB it runs perfectly fine and awesome. However USB is slower than having it hooked up to my Ethernet card, via an Ethernet CAT-5 cable, Its not fully functioning as far as I'm concerned.

The Ethernet card has it's proper, updated driver installed, and i'm using a fresh, new CAT-5 cable. The Ethernet card's lights go green when it's hooked up, and the cable modem's PC/Activity light lights up solid (Doesn't blink any though.) however every time I try accessing the internet, it's always "Page cannot be displayed".

Also, when I check the connection's settings, it comes up with "Limited or no communication." And it's always sending packets, but not receiving any at all, no matter how long I leave it on. I'm at a loss. Not that I'm super-tech savvy anyways. If I'm not commanding an almighty @ through mazes of hell itself, i'm a dunce.

Anyways, thanks in advance, and any help is appreciated.

MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka