View Single Post
Old 28-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
you can also use regular directory mount command with -t floppy parameter. it will mount a part of your actual hard drive as a floppy drive, where you can then copy whatever you want to have on the virtual floppy

that way the files probably will stay saved in the directory..
This doesn't seem to work or I don't have the guts/time/knowledge to follow through on things. The -t floppy part works, I assume, but the game itself is looking for a blank disk or a disk already formatted specifically for a game related save disk. Sure, I can set up the -t floppy parameter with DosBox, but when it comes to initializing the disk within the game, it gives me the **disk is write protected** error. Setting parameters for the virtual floppy with attrib does nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
another option is to use something like this. i actually use it often with dosbox, as dosbox natively doesn't support mounting of multiple floppy images at the same time (because of dosraider :P) and some games need to swap various floppies during the game's runtime
Disappointing... I was looking forward to using this, if not now, in the future. Thank you for the link but since I am running Win7 (assumption), I get an error stating the application cannot run in Win 95/98/ME. Daemon Tools works adequately for this purpose though, so I am not out of luck.

Thanks for the response. I was more curious and looking for a possible explanation than anything else. This is just another oddity I ran into that I probably will not have to deal with again.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid