View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #429
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post

You knew. :P

It depends on what do you name "better". While there _are_ better games in different areas, Diablo established and D2 improved "standard" of what can be named now "Diablo-like RPG". I.e. main goal is the character and his loot. Monsters and even plot only secondary to it. And in this area not much RPG can overrun Diablo 2. PoE - can, easily.

Then no, you will not enjoy PoE, unfortunately. Monster respawn is the core gameplay (how could you get all this loot otherwise?), so cannot be removed.

...But all of them are quite weak monsters...

Then you still _can_ enjoy PoE. There are _a lot_ of such info, as integrated into plot, as presenting in item lore, at NPC, etc. Again: stick to plot only to avoid too much frustration.
Hmmm ... Yes, I remember that twillight mentioned the term “hack-’n-slash”, typical in Diablo series in which the MC (Main Character) needs to eliminate the monsters, loot treasure and items, and the respawn of monsters allows enrichment and increase of MC’s level and skills.

However, the Drakensang series, although focusing heavily on the plot / storyline, side quests, also allows the respawn of monsters except for bosses that have been defeated and related cut-scenes.

I do not remember if the Dragon Age series had these characteristics as well. I almost completely forgot the details of when I played (at the time I was not feeling well years ago )... And another thing, EA had made an Official Savegame Editor available to anyone who wants to use and cheat... Although some things do not work well as increase the affection of your companions for MC... Well, it can’t be helped... *shrug*

Well, I already played not using cheats when playing Action, Platform, Strategy and Simulators, but I preferred the method easier, faster and more practical now.

Ugh! I increased the levels and abilities of the Characters in the game named Brave Soul by playing for several hours (without using cheats except at the beginning of the game as the Editor or Trainer increased the level only partially) and added unavailable information (about Items) in Guides and Walkthroughs available at that time.