Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
No problem.
Okay tomorrow I'll try to finish this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Don't you want to add a Vista advise?
-(More and more peeps are on Vista afterall)-.
It's pretty simple in fact, they must replace the paths by
c:\users\your_name\
If you look closer at the address bar you'll see that I have DOSBox (and games) installed in the shared documents, so I can use change .conf files and all from my everyday limited account. I was tempted to add a tip about putting everything there in case, but I realized that I couldn't put a tutorial about Windows and security in a tutorial about running old games, or else it would be too long and everyone would stop reading. For XP I'd recommend using a limited account and putting all this in the shared or personal documents, but I can't do it here. So I don't mention it and the people who run XP as admin won't have problems, and those who don't will hopefully know what to do. I used the "c:\oldgames" path for simplicity and consistency with Horseman's tutorial.

But the problem is that I don't know Vista. I don't know how UAC works, and so I don't know if this will work with the default out-of-the-box setup as it does with XP.

So please tell me how's a default Vista installation. Does Vista come with only one visible account like XP? What's the default status of that account (admin or something new that doesn't exist in XP or what)? Will in that account, without elevating or downgrading its status, any action beyond limited rights trigger a UAC popup (if UAC is enabled by default as I think it is)?