Thread: Ascendancy
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 01:42 AM   #595
Nicheal
Forum hobbit

O glad to get your reply, thanks! Then, your site gives wrong informations! In my upload pop up is listed, around 0,8 mb .rar, and 1,1 mb .zip as a maximum file size! I never even tried to top that.

One of the problems with Ascendancy was, that the enemies, had the tec for an advanced special weapon, even had their ships equipped with that, for example smart bombs, but just didnt use it. How boring is THAT? The AI does not understand to protect borders, to collect fleets, and sends one idiot ship by another, and they just stand still, dont use any special weapons, and are killed easily like numb idiots.

That problem is gone forever! In fact, i had enemy ships, entering your system, and trespassing it, under fire, to meet their whole fleet in the next system! It seems, that the AI just had never enough energy, to do smart things. That all is solved. Sometimes it is still an idiot, but very often, it became a real asshole!

But all of that exists since 2013, in my Ascendelyxe 1.6 MOD, all of that exists already since four years! I changed really much, for example, the special weapon of the "Container", i never remembered what the fuck that guy does again. You had much special weapons, the AI used and annoyed, like that catapult, and most, the AI didnt use and annoyed too, and many, i never remembered what the fuck they do again.

Well, i even changed the GFX of the Container and made him my favorite weapon called CI DisRaptor, Colonizer/Invader DisRaptor. If you are not able to kill the enemy ships, and you lose the battle, you can destroy all Colonizers/Invaders at least, so that they are not able to conquer anymore. That ll give you a little time. I improved all the stuff, and my "Most Like" is, that my informations about weapons and all of the stuff, give you every single value, exactly. You can read about any stuff, without testing it, what they do, and any value necessary to know.

So, i really changed things, but i loved that game once, and i still like it, so, a true Ascendancy Fanatic, at least, did the best he could, and yes, i really began to hate The Logic Factory, years ago, that they just do radio silence for decades, then announce somewhat dubious, just to turn radio silence on again, for another fucking decade, then it is IOS only... then their site is down... now radio silence again... that is highly frustrating... my patience with that dudes is just over!

They did true magic, but never got it right in the end. Now, i just tweak the tec tree in a way, i had never expected: You can play along for thousands of years not reaching its end, and you have to earn your tecs and to struggle on, that is... really... heavy. You dont get huge class ship hulls, and, like in Ascendancy Original, you never had problems, are the biggest empire since turn 1, and you have built two huge class ship hulls, and get the gigantum hulls already, and that game is OVER. Now, you suffer hell.

Just imagine, you crawl around with middle class ship hulls, get your ass beaten by your enemies and dance with your extinction, and if your enemy gets a better weapon by Xeno Archeology, you are fucked. For example, these Snovemdomas guys got the Shield Blaster. They have double size hulls, and just shoot you to hell, no matter what you do, you suffer losses and cry.

~~~

Let me tell that game. It was just like Master of Orion II higher difficulty, where, if you dont get over the first enemy soon, that slows down your progress too much and you stand no chance at all. The Chamachies were wardens of my side arm of the galaxy and had me close to extinction for thousand years. Once, the Snovemdomas had the whole centre of that middle size galaxy, they threatened the Chamachies hard, and brought them near to extinction. Once, i was standing right before these Chamachies after a thousand years war of bloody survival, at the end, to kill them down, to end that conquest, they offered peace and later alliance versus the Snovemdomas Empire, and i indeed needed their huge advanced ships to hold the line versus these badass guys.

My progress was good, i used the absence of the Snovemdomas fleets, to slowly conquer their colonies in that part of the galaxy, but, i was too slow, they had too much Surface Shields, and in my MOD, you have to go really down on a planet and shoot him down under fire, and you have to overwhelm a dozen of Surface Shields, so, i really had the Snovemdomas, and became the mightiest empire, but once, i was about to crush their centre, they got huge sizers, and little later, gigantum sizers, Shield Blasters, and... there was no progress, they were too huge, too heavy, too fast, and all their planets had dozens of Surface Shields.

I had them! But i quit the game, these guys are nearly impossible to kill, with their gigantum sizers and Shield Blasters, and i thought about Self Destruction Moduls, to crush their fleets. That was my last game, now i tweak again. I didnt want to struggle and see my fail coming versus my own MOD! I had more planets, they had more systems, 15 gigantum sizers Snovemdomas versus 14 huge sizers Frutmaka, and while their centre produced masses of ships directly to the front line, my reinforcements always came too late, good ships, really good ships, getting by small Snovemdomas fleets, Shield Blaster RIPs, trying to kill one single 80 hull size badass, that was... aaaaaaarg!

In fact, how i ever wanted to play Ascendancy - i defeated the Chamachies after thousand years near extinction, defeated the half of the Snovemdomas Empire, and became the biggest Empire by half conquering an old mighty Empire, tried to crush its centre, it got too good tecs, and all of my powers... tended to my defeat again around year 3000. I had not enough patience to see my end coming over another 1000 years, but to see that all happen, was amazing indeed!

~~~

To see actually the good old Shield Blaster, blast your ships away like nothing, is really both for Ascendancy Fanatics: Really a time to grin, and cry! I just can tell - it hell works!

Last edited by Nicheal; 18-05-2017 at 02:39 AM.
Nicheal is offline                         Send a private message to Nicheal