Thread: Imperialism
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2014, 02:09 AM   #39
Robin Patterson

Smile Details of upgrading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskatat View Post
I've got a little question. I had a bunch of artillery in a border town and when I upgraded the artillery tech, it said it would also upgrade the units, but it doesn't. Do I have to do anything extra? does it just take time? It's a bit of an issue since the province is a hotzone for getting attacked
As other responders have noted, it's not automatic. The game does not say it would upgrade them. It says "Allows ... upgrading..."

When you click the left-hand button to see details of an army or fleet, that button will be lit up if any units can be upgraded, and any that can be upgraded will have a little icon at the right. Hover your pointer over one to see the cost, or just click it to do the upgrade or to be told that you lack some resource.

Incidentally, the game does not always tell you everything that the new technology does. Sapper upgrade is available quite early but is not mentioned for the tech that allows it. See
http://imperialism.wikia.com/wiki/Technology_(Imp1)
Robin Patterson is offline                         Send a private message to Robin Patterson