Thread: Wii
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2006, 03:27 AM   #27
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

From my experiences with my Wii console, it is an elegant system, not once has this "wrist strap controller throwing wii have a problem" thing ever come up, out of the 30+ friends who have tried it out.

Also, Zelda has blown away the competition once again. The best game I've played this year, possibly ever.

The control is fluid, responsive, precise and intuitive. Firmware upgrades happen on a regular basis, which is nice. For example, I just acquired the ability to peruse the weather forcasts for any major city on the planet, using a three dimensional model earth (developed by NASA) and data from weathernews. The Virtual Console is up, but I can't make consistent commentary here, as the games differ by region. Those in the UK have been receiving different games than those in North America or Japan, for example.

My concerns: The Wii Code system is a pain in the behind, and although it was launched with Zelda (which was worth the system alone), we may be facing a gamecube style drought here, until more third parties jump on board. The next games to look forward to are mostly Nintendo first party titles, which is distressing.

On the other hand, this is an amazingly elegant system, and the fact that I came home from work to find nongaming relatives playing Bowling or Golf, or fishing in Zelda is really a testiment to their "nongamer" philosophy.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit