View Single Post
Old 22-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #35
Taskmaster
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Mar 21 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]284454[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
yeah uh... how does this actually work?!?! :blink: you have to click on it or what?

also isnt' it better to have it like in old dos games where you got a screen on beginning or end of game telling you which group cracked the game and so on... :blink:
[/b]
To do an intro program, that displays then launches the game, requires that you write that code each time with the specific file to run. Or at the least requires a little "data" file that has to be changed for each and every game. That is a lot of effort, as is the installer.

This program is equivalent to the old fashioned "run-me" files or even a DIZ. Some people will see it and some won't. There doesn't seem to be a "silver bullet" here... This is just one way to do what was desired... letting folks who obtained an Abandonia download from another source potentially see that we are here.

This is a decent solution to the issue, working for over 80% of the folks (80-20 rule), and only requires additional work one time (coding it and updating the ZIPs).