View Single Post
Old 20-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Gee, it was supposed to sound humorous and light-hearted.

Have you seen the place, anyway? In it's current state, the revived HotU doesn't qualify as any kind of competition whatsoever.
Downloads may be the primary attractor for Abandonware sites, but it's the community that makes people stick around for longer. While they can get some of the downloads back online within next week or so, a community can't be build with nothing but a snap of your fingers. Seeing as most of HotU's original community scattered to four winds long ago, they're back at square zero in this regard.
Maybe I took it the wrong way but HOTU has never been anything more than another abandonware site to me and I have been around a long time. First or not. It hasn't been a going concern for quite some time and nothing that I saw at the link provided made me think it is going to be anything that special compared to what is available today.

The only thing that irked me a little is the impression it gives to first time visitors and newbie AB fans. We don't want to give the impression that this isn't the place to be. Right? We had already dedicated a discussion thread to it and now it takes a large part of the front page.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer