View Single Post
Old 17-10-2020, 07:29 PM   #516
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Looking through my GOG-library

Quit a library I hoarded, many obviously giveaways, and most if not all the rest came from bundles. I don't think I ever spent more than 20-25$ a game, and by average only 10$.

Let's invoke some numbers.

- In the library I have 4 extras-package.
- I have 58 games I have no intention to ever pull out. In very rare cases again (Deponia, Toonstruck, Alone in the Dark 4, Heretic Kingdoms: Inquisiton, Darkest Dungeon for example), in most cases ever (there are some heavy hitters here too, like The Witcher 1-2 for example).
- there are 19 games that would be nice to switch on just to look if I like them, but they are realy not a priority, despite some titles I payed good money for (eg. parts of the Divinity series, or Tides of Numenera).
- there are 9 games with the tag "interrested, definitely launch some time in the future". These have a wide range from Worms 2 to Underrail to The House in Fata Morgana, or Castlevania 1.
- and there are 7 games I'll definitely, without doubt play with in the future. Either because they look very attractive, or because I want the worth of my money. These are:
a) Pillars of Eternity
b) Batman, the enemy within
c) Delores: a thimbleweed park mini-adventure (I think this was a giveaway)
d) Monster Train (this is just good)
e) Children of Morta (for this I bought Divinity 2, and the other reason for the buy was the charity-purpose DLC, so as I've spent an amount I felt, I'm definitely playing it)
f) Silent Hill 4: The Room (this was the only part of the series I got interrested in, and its pitch was so good I still remember it)
g) Star Trek 25th anniversary edition: it might turn out trash, but c'mon, maybe it's good. Worst case scennario, I'll watch a Let's play.
h) Werewolf: The Apocalyps: Heart of the Forest. I've played Vampire the Masquarade P&P, and I'm into gamebooks. The look is great. I'm definitely interrested, and will look it up. I just have sooo many things to do... It's great to have a job though. I prefer the first world problem of too many games than no money to pay my rent.

And I have an extra category: games that I put aside to pull out any time when I'm into a specific genre.
- Bio Menace is a retro-style quick platformer.
- Flight of the Amazon Queen is an old, but solvable point&click adventure game. Sure, I have
- the Monkey Island series (even 4-5) on my list, but they are more for the laugh than for the őuzzles.
- Stargunner is I think never played, but it is a left-to-right going shooter.
- Anger Force Reloaded is a bottom-to-top shooter.
- DEX is some mushy game by genre, so I never got into it, but it's a nice game, so who knows.
- Postal 1 is a top-down shooter of extreme violence for its 8-bit glory.
- Book of Demons is a Diablo-clone. I wish it were more complete with the other games fused into it... C'mon developers, have mercy on GoG!

- Baldur's gate (1-2-ToB) is an all time standing
- War Wind is very unlikely, but if I'll ever feel the need of a Warcraft 1-2-clone...
- Blasphemous is a Blackthorne clone. I didn't get too far in it, then the expansion came out, and I had all kind of emotional issues related to this... Still, it's not a forgettable game, and Blathorne is definitely a stlye I like time to time.

<div>- Broken Sword 1-2 are classics, so I'll not burry them, no matter how unlikely to pull them out again.<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;" data-sheets-value="{&quot;1&quot;:2,&quot;2&quot;:&quot;The House in Fata Morgana&quot;}" data-sheets-userformat="{&quot;2&quot;:513,&quot;3&quot;:{&quo t;1&quot;:0},&quot;12&quot;:0}">