Thread: WWI Medic
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #10
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

MoH/CoD are all set in modern day now, so no you don't use bolt action rifles at all. And as I remember it back in the day no one stuck with the bolt action rifles, you had a submachine gun thrown at you and you never looked back, or one of the first assault rifles. Those two guns you linked are actually known to me, the small submachine gun is a cool gun...but wasn't made till close it the end of the war in 1918. The other is a LMG, or light machine gun and takes two people to operate. It is also not meant to be fired while moving, if it even can be, the tripod is on the front for a reason. I should have said when I said mobile that I meant mobile firing not just movable. (The French gun also had a curving magazine with open sides, it was known for getting jammed almost nonstop since the dirt just moved on in.)

And yes I find NAZIs rather boring as game cannon fodder, they are good villains for people who can't work out who is bad and who is good. But as the newer CoD/MoH games have shown gamers have grown out of that and we can have bad guys that aren't just evil tropes. I think their storylines are crap but they still get across who is bad and who is good without needing baby eating antics to show it off.

Also I have never seen a FPS American Civil War game, could you throw me a link to one? That would be an interesting thing since their battles were even more static, bar the guerilla warfare.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86