View Single Post
Old 28-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Default Talking about Warez and craking copy protections in the chatbox.

I've been too lenient already. And my patience is gone.

The next time I see people chatting in the chatbox about where to download warez or cracks or unlockers for recent games, especialy concerning the game M&B since it seems to be the current trend, I'm going to take names and screenshots. Without warnings.

And then the admins will deal with it. As usual.

I am tired of all this hypocrisis. It is written in bold right under the chatbox that warez is a big nono. There is actualy a good reason for this: Abandonware itself is a gray area and it is very important not to associate our site with warez if we want to stay in calm waters and stay out of trouble. By doing this, some people are taking a risk. Maybe it is a small or even minimal risk, but it is a risk nonetheless.

By posting this warning here I hope to avoid reactions such as "but you said it in the chatbox and I never saw it because it got buried under all the other messages!". So this is my first and last global warning about the matter.

You guys, and you know who you are, can't get over playing a recent game without having to pay for it? Well, I don't really care: at the very least exchange your informations via PMs! Or MSN, mIRC, another forum, whatever... Simply don't do it here where everybody else can see. It might be a pain for some people, but that's actually important.

Please feel free to reply to this post if you feel like adding something or if you wish to have a point explained further.

-Eagle of Fire