View Single Post
Old 21-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Ribon
Game freak

Default Sound problem with Death Drome

So I've started to play Death Drome, a game made in 1996 specifically for Windows. After installing and replacing the original exe file with the crack (the game is freeware and has been approved on Abandonia as well **** http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27673 , so yes, it's legal), I have encountered some annoying problems which I hope might be solved here.

First of all, the sound. Even though I have the sound files in .wav format, the sound just doesn't play. It's like playing everything on mute which is extremely annoying. I have set everything on max volume, I have tried running the game with VDMS, I also tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows 95, 98, NT and 2000. Nothing works and I'm starting to lose it here.

Second, the game speed in menus. Nothing too annoying, but the game speed in the main menu and when selecting cars is like 20-times the normal rate. When I start the game, however, the game speed is normal.

Third, and what seems to be the most annoying error ever, is a pop-up window every single bloody time you kill another runner. An error window pops up in the centre of the screen which says "ZERR OK" or something like that and the game in the background freezes. It's only after you press Enter, you get to resume the killing. And since you can get to about 20 kills in 3 minutes on average, having to deal with this pop up so many times just makes the game barely playable.

Any ideas?

I've also tried DOSBox but, like I've already said, the game was made for Windows specifically and it won't let me run it. I'm playing this game on a Windows XP SP3 machine and an Intel CPU (since I can recall people with AMD CPUs have to install a special patch for it to run).
Ribon is offline                         Send a private message to Ribon