View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #5
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywolf View Post
By the way, as Death Gate is a bit dificult to get running if you aren't very computer savy (most of the Death Gate topics seem to be from people unable to work out what to do), would it be 0k for me to add a small text file explaining how to mount CDs in DosBox?.
Not to be pedant, but I have the original CD game and iI don't see why there should be problems in dosbox.

I simply mount an image with imgmount directly in dosbox, install with install.exe and launch game from HD dir with dgate.
Runs fine
Really nothing special here.

Maybe that there are some peeps that will never understand how to launch a game correctly in dosbox, and that you always best follow the rules from the times of plain MsDos, now yeah, such ones will always be around.

Understandable if them peeps never have seen a dos prompt.

@Japo, If I remember correctly, you can as member create topics in the tuto section.

[Edit]
Just checked my image: Full CD image (ISO) packed with 7zip is approx 270MB. 7z format, not zip.

[Editē]
Tried some things out, and:
If you try to launch from C prompt as this:
c:\>c:\dgate\dgate -> failure.
If you:

c:\>
c:\>cd dgate
c:\dgate>dgate
-> no problem.

So yes, as usual, do it the old ways and it works.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 06-03-2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: ppppppppffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider