View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
Forfeit
Forum hobbit

Game developers have to constantily worry about the level of dificulty in the games they make. Too easy, and it gets boring. Too hard, and the players get frustrated and wont play it anymore, or will resort to cheating.

Now, the saving feature is a very simple way to control that. If you have unlimited saves, the game becomes much easier. Without it, the game may become too hard. If you have no ressurection for characters, the average player that plays just for entertainment may get pissed off because of all the hours he lost.

Also, only "harcore" gamers really played hardcore characters. Or very hard games. I remember this game called Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, that is a very dificult game and you´re suposed to stop an army with just a bunch of soldiers. Now, the game was VERY hard, and I really liked it for being so (due to the fact that it was a chalenge) but I´m pretty sure most gamers are looking for something easier.

So, I guess that most games are easy due to the market. They try to keep some level of chalenge, but a veteran player usually dont have problems with it.
Forfeit is offline                         Send a private message to Forfeit