View Single Post
Old 21-06-2007, 06:22 AM   #8
arlesya
world wanderer

I think I had this conversation with someone a while ago. I agree what some of you said: a game is a game after all. Of course, there are some subtle small lines all the time about what a game should talk about, but they are only games, for relaxing like bob-santan said.

When I was a little girl I was actually pretty violent and a little bully. I was very small but had a very bad temper. When another child messed with me a fight would start and, believe me, it was not a typical fight one would expect from a girl. I really punched and kicked. I had to learn to control my temper but two things helped me a lot in this process: 1. karate and 2.games. For some reason I always felt that games with violent content made me feel more relaxed and less violent. It was like everything came out at that very moment.

Another different example: I'd love to go to Portugal, I have many portuguese friends and wish them all well. I love Portuguese literature, it's a very rich beautiful one AND I even have some Portuguese blood. However, I know many Brazilians, including myself, that find it specially amusing to destroy the Portuguese empire in Civilization. It just is. And even funnier when you use the Aztecs, the Incas or the Mayas - even tough they've never been near here, our native peoples aren't in Civilization, sadly. It's a game.