View Single Post
Old 19-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
Shadow_Stalker
Abandonia nerd

Default Dark Convergence I and II

I noticed that those two adventure games are missing from abandonia and since i noticed the author's website has been taken down ( http://members.aol.com/ariesmidloth/games.htm ) i am willing to upload the games to preserve them.
The author of both games is Jeff Kintz.The games are some kind of horror themed adventure games which use an hugo-like engine.Both of the titles are pretty nasty and gory.They seem to have been written in turbo pascal,but i'm not sure about that,i should check. EDIT: I checked and the .bas files present in both games means that they are written in QBasic.
The first chapter's storyline sees the player and some friends having a car-wreck and needing help.The player is sent to search some help,and he casually discovers a terrible menace,coming from another world and another dimensions.
Chapter two starts some time after the terrible events in chapter one: the player is scarred in his mind and is reduced to a bum,wandering on the streets.But a new and unspeakable horror maybe await,lurking in the shadow...maybe under the disguise of a psychiatrist of a mental institute,who is searching the player.
I played half of the first chapter and got stuck immediatly in the second.The games runs fine with dosbox,and i even found a walkthrough for the first chapter,if it's all right i will upload it with the games.

Last edited by Shadow_Stalker; 19-04-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Corrections.
Shadow_Stalker is offline                         Send a private message to Shadow_Stalker