View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #32
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

One more post to Zax the alien (treasure) hunter due to lenght (and convenience):

There was a fight, the area titled "showdown of Azah-Pan", thus theoreticaly the last fight with that entity, more on this later, anyway it was in M19. For the actual fight the constant 5 power-armoured rocket-bot are just a little bit too much for any sane person, so just stay at the red portal and shoot in blindly hoping to cause the death of the chief-metaldemon to at least stop the reinforcement. That can work, and makes life oh-so-much easier.

M20 is a short area, preluding the final boss, Ohm. Ohm-mani-padme-humm I think. And just to mention the look of Zax is strangly similar to Fallout Tactics. I mean on the robots part. I wonder if there is a real connection.

Now as short M20 is, it is just as dangerous. The second area contains a litle "run from the lava" incident, but appart not killing everything along the way, thus probably suffering not few damage, it is durable. The start is more laughable. First you activate by a terminal 2 gates what releases 2 power-armored-rocket-bot (let's call them armor-bot) AND activates to pod what spawns even more... Fun.
So to at least avoid imminent death, use the Psychic Gun to dispose one of the bots behind one of the fences. I chose the north one. Then you'll have to run blowing up the control panels hidden behind the walls and such, but with quite a lot of saves and not a little luck even on Hard Mode it is at least possible to do.

Now there is an interesting bug. During ~cutscreens not necessarily everything stops (especially not granades). So you might end up completing a puzzle/quest but ending up 0 health, thus ending up as both living AND dead, what is naturally bad. And even if you die for real, it is painful to redo such a hard task!

M21:
- appart assembling another quest item, a new weapon is waiting to be found. In progress.

(to be continued, only 2 more "chapters" estimated)

Last edited by twillight; 12-01-2013 at 03:04 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight