Thread: Tubular Worlds
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2005, 02:03 PM   #5
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Sep 27 2005, 06:16 AM
I have to disagree with the review, Tubular Worlds is one of the best scrolling shooters, because of the difficulty. You have to master each level to win the game, Tyrian you can finish with one eye closed, there is no tension.
An shooter isn't some kind of glorified game of memory where you get to do some action in between, it's usually most skill based, where unexpected events put you at a disadvantage, rather then defeat you right away. Most people won't like having to replay the same levels time and again because they have to learn each level by heart.
That is to say, I like this game as well, partially for it's difficulty, but to say it's an industry standard, or that it makes this game exceptionally good: No.

It's a fault some people may appreciate, but it will certainly not earn a game full score.

Anyway, I love the multiplayer too. It adds more strategy to the game (and strategy can be rare in these games), rather then luck. If you want to fully appreciate this game, play it multiplayer.