View Single Post
Old 28-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #76
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Ok, I guess I should write a review of "Naked Lunch" by David Cronenberg (1991), but quite frankly, it's impossible. I couldn't make anything out of it, it was just confusing. Dark as my coffee and totally insane. It is based on a novel by the same name written by William S. Burroughs, and is quasi/semi-biographic, revolving around Burroughs' life as a drug user and an episode where he shot and killed his wife. Bug extermination powder, bug extermination power abuse, bugs, bug typewriters, people turning into bugs, conspiracies plotted by bugs, phychosises, madness, murder... You get the picture? I don't. Someone, anyone, help! I really don't know if it was just a very bad dream or if I actually saw this movie. Well, I do know, but I guess that is the only thing one can say about this flick. Recommended? Good? Bad? I haven't got a clue what it was I saw, so I can't recommend you in any direction. There you have it, boys and girls, a movie bound to confuse you permanently silly.

Personal opinion: I need therapy, and a lot of nice thoughts to fill my head with.