View Single Post
Old 23-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I absoloutly agree. The only problem could be technical support. There are laws (at least in some countries - like Slovenija) that if you sell an item you must also ensure the support for the buyer to be able to make the item work.
There are some sites (our would be a great example) that provide that support and could host the games - so all ESA games could be payed dowloads (the site would get enough money to pay for the costs - the rest should go to the company that currently has the copyright and ESA - it's up to them to devide the money).
They'd have almost nothing to lose and a lot to gain. I know I'd love to download a few games!

This would be a good thing for the companies (and ESA) because they could get some income from the games and for the abandonware sites - much more games. Imagine games like The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain (by Sierra). It's almost impossible to get this game (but if Sierra would be involved the game would be available again).
I'd be prepared to pay up to $25 easily for some great titles.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos