View Single Post
Old 20-12-2016, 06:59 AM   #105
Orangsemut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykurgos View Post
Absolutely! This plus the open world is what has compelled me to play this game more often than any other since the first time shortly after release.

Also the Spell Reference Card, very important because it gives you the stat requirements for higher powered spells is completely lost - no digital version.

The other big negative which led to me aborting my most recent re-play is the frequency of hidden doors in dungeons and necessity to bump into every wall, every single wall, to find them.

I completely ignored Illusionists until my most recent (aborted) replay. Their Stun is massively useful to help take out enemies that would otherwise be too powerful for your team. Awesome progress there!
I do like the open world but I am happy for the various sites which gives more details on game elements. It would have been quite frustrating trying to figure out that you can ask or deliver quest items until the other party request or offer items. I know I would have been tearing my hair wondering why I can't get or ask for Mithril from the dwarves. Or worse, killing wandering quest creature and thinking it was a random fight.

The spell reference card would have been a big help.

My Illusionist has been such a big help. I went up against the Fire Giant a tad early (ie. I overestimated my team) and in a fit of bad luck, it and two (out of three) of its Ettin buddies started right next to my team. If it wasn't for him stunning the Fire Giant and one of the Ettins, it would have been all over for me really fast. As it was, ended winning the fight with all but my ranger dead. Fixing up my party cost me a pretty penny lol.

Oh, killed the dreadknight and he turned out to be armed with the +20 Sly sword and not the +25. Still, not complaining. Just cleared out the dwarf mines and now prepping myself to go back to Terine.
Orangsemut is offline                         Send a private message to Orangsemut