View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 08:22 PM   #452
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons

This is a weird combo. The "true ending" seems to indicate it is the same story in two different alternate versions.
And if you check the solo playthroughs, you see while both game happen in some alternate realities, Ages also includes time travel!
Obviously these games can't happen on one single timeline. So this is either a split - or a merge!

Four Swords
Another independent adventure. The series rly started to show degradation at this point.

Wind Waker
Finaly back on track. At this point of the series The Hero of Time not appearing could happen for 2 reasons: one is the later official view that beacuse of time travel and alternative timeline. But it could have been (or is, if the office again don't know what they're talking about) that Link of Ocarina didn't appear, because was in that alternate reality hunting Majora's Mask.
Well, until you consider the world got flodded immediately after Ganon appeared yet again, so to fit it on an unshattered timeline, you'd have to dry the world after this adventure, which is pretty unlikely.
Also, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are direct continuation of this timeline, and otherwise pretty inconsequential for the series.

Four Swords Adventure
This piece of #&@ doesn't even have a backstory in the manual.
Inside the game our best clue is, that Ganon is in the Dark World, and there's a Shrine of the Four Sword which was built in the Four Sword game.
It starts to be very boring that Ganon is always resurrected, and even without any explanation how.

Skyward Sword
CONTRADICTION: Skyward Sword says the Master Sword was created that time. The problem is, the 3rd game said the Master Sword was created during the Imprisoning War, against Ganon!
Also remains the question what happened with the flying country.

The Minish Cap seems to be a prequel and the story of the creation of the Four Sword. Fine for me.
The problem is, the sole connection of the Vaati-story to the main story is a onetime appearance of Ganon, so placing the story is a bit problematic. Ganon being constantlybanished, imprisoned, resurrected, and maybe even reborn makes the clarification of this question a big fuss.

Twilight Princess seems well done to come on the Majora's Mask timline, but I can't tell if there's a possibe continuity for Four Swords Adventures w/o playing that game, what I won't do.

-----------

At this point I have the following continuities (Season/Ages has the same number 7 at me):

1 -> 2
11 -> 8 -> 10 with possible connection to other continuities
7 with undeterminated possible connections. My hypothesis at this point that it merges the time-split, so is wrongly placed on the official timeline.

5 -> 6 -> 12
5 -> 9 -> 13 -> 14
5 -> 3 -> 4

uninvestigated: 16, 17, 18

Last edited by twillight; 03-07-2019 at 08:44 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight