View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 05:51 AM   #87
Tarl Cabot
Default There is a way to complete the original BI2200 despite indestructible Blast Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
You can't finish the original camapgin under TL. In Titan's legacy the ability to bombard map decoration elements like the entrance to titan net was removed.

And abandonia also doesn't list the codes from the original in the TL codes, so pls do not try to play the old campaign.

Hail,

Old post, but just clarifying there is a way to complete BI 2200 final mission even though the US version codes the Blast Doors you need to destroy as indestructible scenery. I was able to complete it and after a few years absence will give the titan's legacy addon a try after finishing my current VGAP planets Nu game (its online browser game now).

The thread is http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...596#post380596 under my handle, Tarl Cabot under which I can no longer seem to log in

Repost:

Hi,

This one was annoying me as I had put too many hours into the game to be denied my victory/credits screen. I read two posts up where this is a known bug in the BI2200 (US) version but not in the Battle Isle 2 (Euro version).

You can NOT complete the US version because you can't destroy the blast doors guarding Titan-Net. Apparently, the blast doors are coded as scenery and in the US version you can't shoot at scenery. In the Euro version, you can shoot at scenery so long as you HAVEN'T installed the scenery disk yet.

I downloaded the Euro version at the Abandonia link from the original poster of this thread(which btw works w/o the CD I needed for the US version).

1. Install the Euro BI2 into its own directory
2. Replace the \sav folder and the sndstup.dat
3. Run DOSbox and now you can destroy the blast doors and get the credits screen. (I did need to make a copy of my BI2200 dosbox shortcut and then change the target to the BI2 directory instead of BI2200)
4. An added bonus, I can now play like 16 more bonus missions once I install the scenery disk

Hope you old schoolers find this useful. I scoured google w/o success until I came to this forum. There are no walkthroughs, only the level passwords. I saw others with the same problem here but the solution didn't work for me until I saw the other post about this being a bug in BI2200(US), but not in Battle Isle 2(euro).

I remember starting the game when it came out and trying to get back into it earlier this year only to run into the invincible UNDOCUMENTED, antipiracy 'feature'. The AI units couldn't be beat. I got no error message or piracy message. Fortunately, somewhere on google I read it was an antipiracy 'feature'. I dug through the closet and dug up the CD and got back into it. I must say it was enjoyable although it spanned about 14 years when I first bought the CD hehe..

Enjoy

Tarl Cabot