View Single Post
Old 17-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #87
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Atom Age Vampire
(Seddok, l'erede di Satana)

(Horror, Anton Giulio Majano, It (USA dubbed version), 1960, b/w)

A strip dancer gets horribly disfigured in a car accident and wants to end it all. A scientist loner wants her as a test subject in a research project where dead tissue comes to life again, but with a hefty price attached. See, the serum he is using was derived from an earlier version of this serum, and this beta version turned the patient into a ferocious beast. Ok, we get it... But there's more: He falls in love with this woman and turns himself into a beast so that he can kill other women as a step in the treatment. Did this make any sense? Not the slightest and still, there you have it.
If you want a vampire that scares the living daylight out of you, look elsewhere. If you want a vampire at all, look elsewhere. There are no vampires in this movie. There is this Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde theme, the Werewolf theme, the mad scientist theme, but no vampires.
The filming is, I don't know, I'm sort of lost for words, abysmal at best, the editing will confuse you to the point where it becomes either a headache or a bizarre joke. Scenes are interrupted by completly unrelated scenes, the car you see on the screen is not the car you think it is and soon drives off out of the picture where it belongs, the scenes are cut short here and there making you wonder if you passed out for a few seconds, and don't get me started on the acting, or the dubbing. Please, I just want to forget I saw and heard this. Seriously. At least, until the next time I watch this.

Personal opinion: This movie is about insanity and madness: The scientist is barking mad, the assistants are all barking mad, the script writer was barking mad, the editor was barking mad, the director was barking mad and the one responsible for hireing the actors was probably locked up for good at the funny farm after this movie. I tell you, there is nothing in this movie that can save it from relentless scorn and humiliation. Unless you can enjoy utter crap (and I did laugh out loud like a madman coz of the acting and the absolutely most horrendous dubbing I have ever heard), this is definitely not the movie for you.

Last edited by Mighty Midget; 19-01-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Mighty Midget is offline                         Send a private message to Mighty Midget