View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:36 AM   #1056
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Why? LOL2 was bad?
I mean, I remember playing first 2 discs and I really got into the story and the world. Great mix of fighting, stealth, environment interaction and puzzles. But could be my memory plays tricks with me.
Maybe I mispronounced, but I meant that the sequels were not bad, but they were not on the same level as the prequels.

I played a bit LOL2, but the truth is that I did not like the introduction of “real” digitized characters. I preferred cartoonized digitized characters. I watched on YouTube the interaction of 2 soldiers with the god (with demon appearance). It was not good.

The same goes for the games I quoted. I liked Dune II more than Dune 2000 (sort of improved Dune II as well as Warcraft II); LOK1 was more interesting, because LOK2 had ridiculously difficult puzzles, the story of the hands and feet of the evil wizard dispenses comments...

Just to give you an idea, the “new” King’s Bounty and Fantasy Wars series from 1C Company has spectacularly digitized cut-scenes. Well, the Diablo series managed to make non-cartoonized digitized cut-scenes done well.

PS: This would just be my personal opinion, but I noticed that the author of a Walkthrough also considered LOL2 acceptable while the LOL3 was inedible.