View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #16
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Exclamation Last(?) Relevant remarks!

I had mentioned in previous posts in this thread that Running and Spinning might cause some problems.

For the sake of clarity, I will quote texts from Wikipedia on this subject:

Quote:

Chafing

Another common, running-related injury is chafing, caused by repetitive rubbing of one piece of skin against another, or against an article of clothing. One common location for chafe to occur is the runner's upper thighs. The skin feels coarse and develops a rash-like look. A variety of deodorants and special anti-chafing creams are available to treat such problems. Chafe is also likely to occur on the nipple. There are a variety of home remedies that runners use to deal with chafing while running such as band-aids and using grease to reduce friction. Prevention is key which is why form fitting clothes are important.
Quote:

Crotch pressure

Though riding an upright bicycle improves the cardiovascular system and can therefore actually improve the erectile function among men, riding a bicycle for prolonged periods of time with an unhealthy cycling technique can still cause problems for both men and women due to a reduced blood flow in the crotch area. Some male riders – recent survey data indicates around 5%[27] – may ultimately get erectile dysfunction problems if a poor cycling technique is used with prolonged pressure on the perineum. Both men and women may also get reduced sensitivity in the crotch. A sign of these problems can sometimes be a tingling sensation in the area when stepping off the bicycle after a ride, as blood flow surges back into the area again. This issue is more related to the cycling technique than the saddle type, although there are special, more anatomically correct, designs to relieve crotch pressure as well. Examples of such designs include the cutaway saddles and noseless saddles. Cutaway saddles resemble regular saddles in their design, but with the middle part cut out to reduce pressure on the perineum among men. Noseless saddles are basically two separate saddles next to each other, with one smaller “saddle” per buttock. Such saddles achieve a similar relief of pressure by using a different design.

Some useful techniques to reduce crotch pressure while cycling include:

• Ensuring the saddle is roughly horizontally aligned, or only slightly nose up. Having overly upwards nose alignment will directly increase the perineum pressure, while a downwards alignment will reduce the sit bone support of the pelvis, again resulting in an increased perineum pressure.
• Standing up occasionally, such as on hills and when accelerating.
• Adjusting seating position from time to time. For example, sitting closer to the rear when cycling on hills and only sitting on the nose for brief periods.
• Sitting up now and then without leaning forward as much.
To alleviate or solve these mentioned problems, I have acquired some products that may be the solution:

01) Padded Bike Seat Cover / Padded Bike Saddle Cover (unfortunately, there is no product compatible with the Stationary Bicycle / Exercise Bicycle Saddle);
02) Padded Cycling Shorts / Padded Bike Shorts (it is an excellent product that solves the problem of discomfort in remaining seated to pedal the Exercise Bike for so long). I also try to interrupt the Physical Exercise to rest and also constantly try to adjusting seating position from time to time;
03) Compression Running Shorts (it is an excellent product that avoids chafing caused by repetitive friction)...