Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 01:16 AM   #28
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I am sure Data left for a number of reasons. While I do not know the specifics (as he left after I did), I do know that he had a lot of other items on his plate. It would make sense that with the change in ownership, combined with all the drama and everything else that happened on AB, that he would simple leave to focus on his other projects.

He, like Kosta, was a coder and a programmer first, and a community person second. So, if he felt like he didn't get to expand his coding skills, it makes sense that he would want to pursue it elsewhere.

@Japo
I completely agree that we need to preserve old video games, and this is already frustrating enough with large companies caring more about the name rights, than the games themselves, but when you add a different owner who doesn't share your views, then it becomes almost impossible. That is why I started my own site, in order to preserve as much about the games as possible. While I (for legal issues) can't offer every game for free download, I do try to do whatever I can to preserve the content, if not the actual game files. However, games that I get permission to host (like freeware), I do put up for free download for anyone to enjoy.